Family reunion visa
To apply for all categories of visa «D», all documents in all languages must be translated to Italian language. Translations must be made by the translators accredited by the General Italian Consulate in Moscow or must be certified by a notary.
During the first 8 days of stay in Italy, the applicant should request a residence permit (Permesso di soggiorno) in Questura
1. Invitation letter
If the inviting person is an EU citizen having a permanent residence in Italy, the applicant should provide an invitation letter, when applying for “C” type of visa (duration of stay not more than 90 days). In the field «Purpose» the inviting person should write «Motivi familiari». Form is available on our web-site in section «Application forms»
If the inviting person is not an EU citizen, the applicant should provide a “Nulla Osta” (official authorization is issued by the relevant Italian Immigration Office – Sportello Unico Immigrazione), when applying for “D” type of visa (duration of stay more than 90 days). The Nulla Osta is valid only for a period of up to 6 months from the date of issue.
Only citizens who are close relatives – spouses, partner to whom the citizen of EU got married in accordance with legislation of host state, ascendants at expense and these ones of spouses and partners, descendants under 21 years or descendants at expense and these ones of spouses and partners.
2. The copy of the identity card should be provided, if the inviting person is an EU-citizen. The copy of permit of stay should be provided if the inviting person is not an EU-citizen.
3. Civil registry documents (original and copy) or other appropriate documentation duly certified by Local Authorities proving the family relationship with the applicant (Apostille).
4. Copy of applicant’s passport page containing holder’s data and validity
6. Photo (of established format) – 1 pcs. For details…
7. Travel document (passport) For details…
8. Deposit slip from the bank as proof of payment of Consular fees (Banca Intesa). For details…
Visa type “D” – 116 euro (No exemptions from visa fee)
Visa type “C” – free of charge
9. Retired person should submit pension certificate (original and copy) or reference from the Pension Fund (original and copy)
10. Internal passport (original and copy of page with a photograph and page with registration)
11. Consent for processing the personal data For details…
For minors under the age of 18, when requesting for a family reunion visa, the applicants should provide a birth certificate (original and copy) and a notarized consent form to leave for a permanent residence in Italy signed by the second parent (both original and a copy / a verified copy by notary), as well as a photocopy of the internal passport of the parent giving consent to the departure of the child.
Please be advised that VMS service fee is required to be paid after submission of the documents this amount is not included in the visa fees it is an additional fee.For more information please click on the link.
For all additional information about documents submission please click on «Important information»
In case of additional questions please contact us For details…