Home page > Who can submit documents for a visa
Who can submit documents for a visa
The application for a visa to Italy in VMS visa center can be submitted by:
• Russian citizens:
• Foreign citizens with the provision of documents confirming their legal residence in Russia
Foreign citizens apart from the main list of the documents are required to provide documents proving their legal stay in the Russian Federation:
1. Registration valid for at least six months before and three months after exiting the Schengen area; or Residence permit;
2. Depending from the citizenship: migration card; patent/permission to work (originals and copies), long-term Russian entry visa (Visa for work, Student visa) should be provided.
Please note, that a foreign citizen with a long-term Russian entry visa (Visa for work, Student visa), can apply for a visa to the Italian General Consulate in Moscow only if the Russian visa allows multiple entry and stay in the Russian Federation for more than 90 days.
The citizens registered in St. Petersburg, Murmansk, Pskov, Arkhangelsk, Vologda, Veliky Novgorod and the relevant regions as well as the Republic of Karelia should apply for a visa to the Visa application center in St. Petersburg. For further information please follow the link.
Documents can be presented at Visa center by:
1. an applicant above 18 years of age;
2. If fingerprints while applying for Schengen visas were provided in the last 59 months
in case of application for visa type D
in case of applicants are minors under the age of 12:
- close relatives (parents for their children, children above 18 years of age for their parents, spouses) in the presence of documents confirming relationship, in the original + copy (birth certificates, marriage certificates). In case of changing the surname / s, supporting documents must be also provided (marriage certificate, divorce certificate, name change certificate, etc.);
- a proxy under a notarized power of attorney in Moscow, in case the applicant lives, works and registered outside Moscow and the Moscow region. A notarized power of attorney is required (original + 3 copies), the original and a copy of the passport of the proxy (pages with a photo and registration (3 copies);
- a proxy under a notarized power of attorney in regional offices of LLC Visa management service which are available now, in case the applicant lives, works and registered outside the city of submission. A notarized power of attorney is required (original + 2 copies), the original and a copy of the passport of the proxy (pages with a photo and registration (2 copies).
For further information please visit section Biometrics of our website.