Malyi Tolmachevskiy lane,
6, bldg. 1
Tel: +7 (495) 727 35 77
Choose your branch:

Frequently Asked Questions

1. What type of visa can be requested at Italian visa center?
Our offices accept applications for the following types of visas: Tourism, Business, Study, University studies, Scholarships, Medical treatment, Family reunification, Employee to be with a secure job offer, Employee to be with a secure job offer in entertainment/show business, Self employed worker, Self employed worker in entertainment/show business, Invitations, Transit, Re-entry.
For more detailed information on all the necessary documents for all the types of available visas, please follow this link

2. How long should the validity of the passport be?
The passport must be valid for at least 90 days after the last day of the intended stay in Schengen zone.

3. If the itinerary is planned to make several consecutive stays in various Schengen States, in which country the documents should be submitted?
An applicant has to apply for a visa at the Consulate of the country of main destination (where applicant intends to stay longer). If the itinerary is planned to make several consecutive stays of the same length in various Schengen States, in this case an applicant should go to the Consulate of the country of the first entry into the Schengen Area.

4. Is it possible to stay in Italy after the expiry date shown on visa?
No, the expiry date shown on the visa is the date by which the visa holder should leave the Italy.

5. What is a stay permit (Permesso di soggiorno)?
The stay permit is the document issued by the Police Headquarters in the town of residence which entitles temporarily living, work, study in Italy and allows to invite other foreigners to visit Italy.

6. Which countries belong to the Shengen Area?
The countries of the Schengen Area are: Austria, Belgium, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland.

7. The application form should be printed in two or four pages?
The application form can be printed in both ways. Two pages when printing on both sides of the paper or four pages when printing on one side of the paper.

8. When applying for Minor’s visa in Moscow or Moscow area, is it required to bring the child along?
No, it is not required to bring the child to visa center only if he is under 12 years old. Only one parent can apply for child’s visa, the original and the copy of the birth certificate should be provided.

9. If visa was refused is it possible to get a reimbursement from the Consulate and from VMS?
No, Application fees and Consular fees are non-refundable.

10. In what currency the visa fee shall be paid at Banca Intesa counters?
The visa fee can be paid in any currency.

11. What are the requirements for filling in the consent for processing the personal data?
For each applicant including child a separate form of the consent for processing personal data in original is required. For applicants under 18 years old consent is filled and signed by one of the parents or legal guardian indicating his data in corresponding field. Consent can be both handwritten or filled on computer.

12. Is an online insurance accepted at the visa center?
An online insurance can be submitted as a valid insurance at the visa center.