Home page > Documents for Moscow > Family reunion visa
Family reunion visa
To apply for this kind of visa is available for:
- partner to whom the citizen of EU got married in accordance with legislation of host state,
- ascendants at expense and these ones of spouses and partners,
- descendants under 21 years or descendants at expense and these ones of spouses and partners.
Kindly note that:
If an inviting person is an EU citizen of age having a permanent residence in Italy, an applicant should apply for “C” type of visa. As of October, 06, 2013, when applying for a Family reunion visa, if an inviting person is the EU citizen, a tourist visa type C is issued.
If an inviting person is non-EU citizen of age having a permanent residence in Italy, an applicant should apply for “D” type of visa. To apply for visa «D» all documents must be translated into Italian. Translations must be done by the translators accredited by the Consulate General of f Italy in Moscow and legalized by the Consulate General itself, otherwise must be notarized and apostilled. The documents in English aren’t required to be translated. During the first 8 days of stay in Italy, the applicant should request a residence permit (Permesso di soggiorno) in Questura.
1. Invitation letter (link) in the established standard form with indicating ‘Motivi familiari’ as a reason of a visit (for visa type C)
2. Nulla Osta al ricongiungimento (for visa type D)
Official permission from the United Immigration Service at the Prefecture of Italy, valid for no more than 6 months
3. The copy of the identity card (if an inviting person is an EU-citizen). The copy of permit of stay (if an inviting person is not an EU-citizen).
4. One-way ticket or booking of ticket (for visa type C). For details…
5. Civil registry documents (original and copy) or other appropriate documentation duly certified by Local Authorities proving the family relationship with the applicant (Apostilled).
6. Application form according to type of visa For details…
While making an appointment via web-site for visa type C an application form will be filled in automatically. When applying for a visa type D you can find an application form here.
7. Photo (of established format) – 1 pcs. For details…
8. Travel document valid for at least 3 months after the date of the visa expiry. Photocopy of the passport itself and any previous passports (pages with personal data and all pages with stamps or visas). For details…
9. Deposit slip from the bank as proof of payment of Consular fees (Banca Intesa). For details…
Visa type “C” – free of charge
Visa type “D” – 116 euro
10. Pension certificate (original and copy) or reference from the Pension Fund (original and copy) for retired persons
11. Internal passport (original and copy of page with a photograph and page with registration)
12. Consent for processing the personal data For details…
13. For minors under the age of 18, there should be also provided:
- a birth certificate (original and copy),
- a notarized consent form to leave for a permanent residence in Italy signed by the second parent (both original and a copy / a verified copy by notary),
- a photocopy of the internal passport of the parent giving consent to the departure of the child.
For applicants under 18 years of age additional documents can be required. Please click on the following link for more information.
Please be advised that VMS service fee is required to be paid after submission of the documents this amount is not included in the visa fees it is an additional fee. For more information please click on the link.
The Consulate General of Italy reserves the right to demand any additional documents.