Home page > Exemptions for visa fee
Exemptions for visa fee
When applying for Schengen visas type “C” the following categories of applicants are exempt from the visa fee:
1. Close relatives of the citizens of the European Union residing in Italy in case of a tourist trip for visiting such relatives:
- partner to whom the citizen of EU got married in accordance with legislation of host state,
- ascendants at expense and these ones of spouses and partners,
- descendants under 21 years or descendants at expense and these ones of spouses and partners.
2. Children under the age of 6.
3. For the citizens of countries with Agreement on visa facilitation with EU (Azerbaijan Armenia, Belarus, Georgia, Ukraine) also:
• close relatives of citizens of above-mentioned countries legally residing in Italy (having residence permit):
-children (including adopted children),
-parents (including custodians),
grandparents and grandchildren;
• disabled person (all disability categories with original and copy of certificate of disability) and 1 accompanying person (accompanying person must be of legal age);
• participants of the youth international sports events and accompanying persons;
• for participants in official exchange programmes organised by twin cities.
Kindly note that visa fee exemptions confirming documents (in original+copy) should be provided while submitting documents.