Home page > Financial Guarantees
All applicants who intend to enter Italy or the Shengen Territory must provide proof that they have sufficient funds to cover the expenses of their planned stay (most recent bank statement/s).
If a scholarship covering all the living expenses during his stay in Italy is awarded to an applicant, he should provide also personal financial guarantee for unexpected expenses not covered by the scholarship.
The financial guarantee required to stay in Italy is calculated on the basis of the parameters approved by the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Italy and does not include the costs of travel tickets and accommodation.
As financial Guarantees is provided:
• applicant’s (student’s) PERSONAL original Bank account statement with transactions for the last 3 months. Bank account statement issued more than 30 days before the submission date is not valid.
For visa type D, in addiction, it is necessary to present personal documents confirming income OR ones from applicant’s family member:
- applicant’s proof of employment with indicated monthly salary and applicant`s original bank account statement for last 3 months with regular payroll accounting.
- parent’s proof of employment with indicated monthly salary and parent’s original bank account statement for last 3 months with regular payroll accounting.
- student’s birth certificate with apostille and translation into Italian (original and copy are required)
-sponsorship letter in Italian language from the parent;
- a copy of the parent’s passport (data page and page with registration).
Minimum available financial resources required to cover the cost of suitable accommodation and other expenses in Italy (in Euros)
|Duration of a trip||For one person||For every person of a group (2 or more)|
|1-5 days: fixed amount||269,60||212,81|
|6-10 days: per person / a day||44,93||26,33|
| 11-20 days: fixed amount
+ per person / a day
| over 20 days : fixed amount
+ per person / a day
*How to calculate? For 15 day trip: 51,64 (fixed amount) + 36,67 * 15 = 601,69 euro’s.
The following documents cannot be submitted as a financial guarantee: certificate of 2NDFL, certificate of for the currency exchanged, cash money or bank account statement without authorized stamp and signature. An exception for the above are if the bank account statement presented is from Tinkoff bank, Alfa-Bank, Sberbank, VTB and electronic bank account statement from the branches of the banks which are not present in Russia.