Home page  >  Documents for Moscow > Student visa (courses, secondary and secondary specialized education)

Student visa (courses, secondary and secondary specialized education)

In case the duration of the visa applied for less than 90 days, please present one set of documents. Visa fee is not required.
In case the duration of the visa applied for is more than 90 days, please present two similar sets of documents which you can find below. Visa fee of 50 euro is to be paid.

To apply for all categories of visa «D» all documents  must be translated into Italian. Translations must be done by the translators accredited by the Consulate General  Of Italy in Moscow and legalized by the Consulate General itself, otherwise must be notarized and apostilled. The documents in English aren’t required to be translated. 

It’s possible to apply for a study visa for minors over the age of 14 ONLY in case of participation in cultural exchange programs or events of a cultural nature with a prior invitation and written permission from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Ministry of University Education and Science.
In other cases, a study visa may be requested for minors over the age of 15. A prerequisite for a study visa to be applied for is that there should be a responsible person who assumes civil and legal responsibility for the child. As a rule, responsibility is taken by the person with whom the child will live in Italy, or the school in which he will study. An appropriate letter of guarantee must be provided or a temporary guardianship should be arranged.

1. Invitation Letter from Private School needs to include the following information:
• duration of the course
• description of the course
• weekly hours (not less than 20)
• availability of suitable accommodation (in Italy)
• in case of scholarship its value should be indicated.

2. Certificate of acceptance/enrollment or pre-enrollment from the school in Italy.

3. Certificate proving payment of course fees.

4. Сopy of the pre-enrollment application ‘validated’ by the university which can be downloaded from the UNIVERSITALY website, an AFAM or SSML institution, or an organization participating in the Marco Polo or Turandot international exchange program (for candidates who request enrolment in following courses: scuole di specializzazione, perfezionamento, single courses (corsi singoli), courses in italian language and culture at the Universities for Foreigners of Perugia, Siena and “Dante Alighieri” Reggio Calabria and foundation courses (corsi propedeutici)).

5. Proof of accommodation
In case the invitation does not indicate the availability of suitable accommodation it is necessary to attach one of the following documents:
- the rental agreement and a copy of the Italian passport or identity card of the owner;
- invitation letter from an italian citizen and a copy of a valid identity document For details…;
- invitation letter from a foreign citizen and a copy of valid residence permit For details…;
- booking on the letterhead of the hotel indicating the address and phone number of the hotel, period of stay, name and surname of the applicant.

6. Copy of Degree certificate (for visa type D)
The course to be attended in Italy needs to be in a field consistent with the previous study curriculum and needs to aim at deepening the specialization in the studies already completed. In case the specialization of the applicant is not consistent with the planned course – an explanatory letter in English or Italian outlining the motivations to attend such course should be attached.

7. International certificate (classification of the Council of Europe) of Italian language proficiency at the level of B2 (for language courses)

8. Ticket for the first trip or open round trip ticket.
If the course lasts more than 90 days single ticket should be provided.
If the course lasts less than 90 days round trip ticket should be provided.

9. International Medical Insurance valid for all the Schengen Territory For details…
In case the course lasts more than 90 days the applicant needs to present valid insurance policy at least for the first 30 days; in case the course lasts up to 90 days the insurance policy needs to cover the entire intended duration of the stay.

10. Travel document valid for at least 3 months after the date of the visa expiry.
Photocopy of the passport itself and any previous passports (pages with personal data and all pages with stamps or visas). For details…

11. Application form according to type of visa For details…
While making an appointment
via web-site for visa type C an application form will be filled in automatically.
When applying for a visa type D you can find an application form here.

12. Photo (of established format) – 2 pcs. For details

13. Financial Guarantees For details…

14. Portfolio course certificates/diplomas, sketches, drawings
An explanatory letter in English or Italian outlining the motivations.

15. Cover letter in free form in Italian.

16. National passport (original and copy of page with a photograph and page with registration).

17. Consent for processing the personal data For details…

In case of a visa request by a minor applicant, it is also necessary to provide:

18. Letter of guarantee in free form in Italian or English (for underage applicants)

From a person who assumes civil and legal responsibility (a private person with whom a joint residence is carried out, or a school, if the minor will live on the school grounds)

19. A copy of the identity document of a person who has assumed civil and legal responsibility for the child

20. Notarial consent (power of attorney) from the parents to the person who has assumed civil and legal responsibility for the child

21. Notarized consent for a child to leave unaccompanied (over 14 years old only ) from parents or accompanied by a third party

22. Copies of passports of parents who have given their notarial consent
A copy of the first page with a photo and personal data and the registration page

23. Birth certificate of a minor (original + copy)

If one of the parents or a child changed their surname after receiving the child’s birth certificate, it is necessary to provide documents confirming the change of surname marriage certificate, divorce or a certificate from the registry office on marriage (originals and copies or notarized copies)

24. Documents confirming the absence of one of the parents:

• in the event of the death of one of the parents or the deprivation of his parental rights, it is necessary to provide originals and copies of the relevant documents;
• if at the birth of the child the father was recorded according to the mother’s words, it is necessary to provide a certificate from the regional registry office – form 25 (original and copy or notarized copy);
• if one of the parents is missing or “his” whereabouts have not been established, you must provide a certificate from the police.

Please be advised that VMS service fee is required to be paid after submission of the documents this amount is not included in the visa fees it is an additional fee. For more information please click on the link.

The Consulate General of Italy reserves the right to demand any additional documents.