Home page > Documents for Moscow > Elective residence visa
Elective residence visa
To apply for all categories of visa «D» all documents must be translated into Italian. Translations must be implemented by the translators accredited by the Consulate General Of Italy in Moscow and legalized by the Consulate General itself otherwise must be notarized and apostilled. The documents in English aren’t required to be translated.
Documents can be submitted:
– in person (or accompanied by a legal advisor)
– by one of the family members with the documents confirming a relationship: parents for children, adult children for parents with childrens’ birth certificate (original and copy or an authenticated copy), for spouses - marriage certificate (original and copy or an authenticated copy); in case surname was changed, additional supporting documents should be provided (for example: marriage certificate or certificate of changing name) (or accompanied by a legal advisor).
1. Application form type D (application form you can find in the “Application Forms” section).
2. Photo (of established format) – 1 pcs. For details…
3. Copy of applicant’s passport page containing holder’s data and validity
4. Documents proving an income source which would also guarantee a stable and regular income in the future. For example: annuities (pension or life time annuity), title to real property, shares of stock, financial bills of exchange, entrepreneurial income, financial assets, investment found shares, stable business and commercial activity or other sources of income, proving that the applicant has annual income which should not be lower than the 3 times of an annual amount as indicated in the Table A of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Italy (1/3/2000). Subordinated employment salary does not qualify for the purpose of this calculation.
All above mentioned documents as well as declarations of income, rent contracts to real property should be provided in original and copy accompanied with translation to Italian language. Bank statements should be provided in original with translation to Italian language.
Contracts (company ownership, rent of property etc) should be apostilled. Rental income should be confirmed by bank statements for the last 6 month with the description of payments purpose.
Also it is necessary to fill in and print out the form of income source below.
Spouses, minors who live with their parents and dependent children can also request this type of visa by giving a full financial guarantee. If the applicant has no personal income, the relative with whom the applicant submits the documents grants financial garantees for each member of the family.
5. Documents proving availability of appropriate lodging at the place of elective residence.
The agreement of sale and purchase notarially verified. In case of planned real estate purchase, the applicant must present at least the following documents: preliminary contract (preliminary agreement prepared by a lawyer or notary) and documents confirming the first deposit or irrevocable bid, or an irrevocable purchase proposal clearly indicating the property which the applicant intends to purchase and the offered price. In any case the provided accommodation should be valid and duly registered in the tax authority (Agenzia delle Entrate). All documents should be provided in original and copy.
6. Travel document (passport) For details…
7. Deposit slip from the bank as proof of payment of the Consular fee (Banca Intesa) For details…
Visa type “D” – 116 euro (no exemptions from visa fee)
8. Internal passport (original and copy of page with a photograph and page with registration)
9. An explanatory letter in English or Italian outlining the motivations for constant residence in Italy
10. Copy and original of marriage or birth certificate if applying for family members (spouse, children)
11. Consent for processing the personal data For details…
Please note that for minor applicants traveling without one of the parents, it is necessary to provide a notarized consent form for permanent residence (original and copy) and a copy of the internal passport (pages with personal data and registration) of the parent giving consent.
The Consulate General of Italy leaves the right to demand any additional documents.
The processing period – 90 days.
Please be advised that VMS service fee is required to be paid after submission of the documents this amount is not included in the visa fees it is an additional fee.For more information please click on the link.
For all additional information about documents submission please click on «Important information»
In case of additional questions please contact us For details…