Home page > Documents for Moscow > Visa for DOCTORAL AND UNIVERSITY MASTER COURSES
Visa for DOCTORAL AND UNIVERSITY MASTER COURSES
For enrollments in university Masters and doctoral courses, the entire procedure is managed by the university or institute that organizes the course, without the intervention of the Consulate or the Italian Cultural Institute. The organizing body will communicate to the student what it takes to enroll in the course or master (for example, the declaration of value of the foreign qualification) and what are the terms for concluding the procedure. It will then send a confirmation letter of admission to the student and the consulate. If the organizer requests it, the person concerned must present his qualification “apostilled” and translated (see here: APOSTILLE AND TRANSLATION OF FOREIGN DOCUMENTS) and the “declaration of value” of the qualification. In this case both documents must be submitted to the Visa Center for the visa application. The student who has received the letter of admission will therefore apply for a D visa for “postgraduate study”.
To apply for all categories of visa «D» all documents must be translated into Italian. Translations must be done by the translators accredited by the Consulate General Of Italy in Moscow and legalized by the Consulate General itself, otherwise must be notarized and apostilled. The documents in English aren’t required to be translated.
It is necessary to provide the following documents in duplicate:
2. Letter of admission to the doctorate or master and any descriptive document of the course.
3. Сopy of the pre-enrollment application ‘validated’ by the university which can be downloaded from the UNIVERSITALY website, an AFAM or SSML institution, or an organization participating in the Marco Polo or Turandot international exchange program.
4. Copy of the qualification that gives access to the doctorate or master’s degree (e.g. apostilled and translated diploma according to the request of the organizing body).
5. Cover letter in free form in Italian
6. Declaration of value (original + copy), if requested by the organizing body as a requirement to access the course.
7. Financial guarantees For details or declaration on assignment of scholarship of equivalent value to the economic resources requested;) or declaration of assignment of a scholarship of equivalent value to the economic resources requested.
8. Proof of accommodation For details
9. Ticket or ticket reservation
10. Health insurance. It must be:
1) valid in Italy and cover the risk of illness, accident, maternity;
2) registered to the applicant;
3) cover at least the first 30 days in Italy and / or in any case the entire period between arrival in Italy and voluntary registration with the National Health Service or the activation of other complete insurance coverage valid for the entire period of stay in Italy and in the Schengen area.
11. National passport (original and copy of page with a photograph and page with registration).
12. Travel document valid for at least 3 months after the date of the visa expiry. Photocopy of the passport itself and any previous passports (pages with personal data and all pages with stamps or visas). For details…
13. Photo For details
14. Consent to the processing of one’s personal data. For details
Please be advised that VMS service fee is required to be paid after submission of the documents this amount is not included in the visa fees it is an additional fee. For more information please click on the link.
The Consulate General of Italy reserves the right to demand any additional documents.