Home page > Documents for Moscow > Student visa (enrollment in universities of Italy on programs Laurea and Laurea Magistrale, in AFAM and SSML institutions)
Student visa (enrollment in universities of Italy on programs Laurea and Laurea Magistrale, in AFAM and SSML institutions)INTRODUCTION TO THE APPLICATION FOR A UNIVERSITY STUDY VISA in 2023/24 academic year
Kindly note that accepting documents for study visas for University Enrolment for 2023/24 academic year has been already finished
Persons wishing to enroll in Italian universities, including art, music and choreographic training (AFAM) or higher schools for intercultural communication (SSML), as well as students participating in the international exchange programs “Marco Polo ” and “ Turandot ” in 2023-2024, must apply for admission through the UNIVERSITALY portal. Applications should, if possible, be made not later than November 15th, as the visa procedure must be completed until November 30th, 2023. Candidates and students should visit the UNIVERSITALY portal and fill in the “pre-registration application” form online. After completing this procedure and receiving confirmation, the student should print it out, and then begin the procedure for legalizing and translating documents required by the university, according to the information posted here: APOSTILLE AND TRANSLATION OF FOREIGN DOCUMENTS.
Thus, the applicant should take the following steps:
1. Make a preliminary online registration on the UNIVERSITALY portal.
2. Print out the confirmed application for admission.
3. Apostille a diploma (or other educational document) and translate it in accordance with the requirements of the relevant university (documents originally drawn up in English are not required to be translated).
4. Legalize translations.
5. Request a consular declaration on the level of education received abroad (Dichiarazione di valore), if necessary according to the results of the online application procedure for admission.
6. Prepare the remaining required documents and apply for a student visa through the VMS Visa Application Center.
For further information on higher education in Italy please visit the website of the Ministry of the Italian University, and in particular the circular letter on the procedures for the entry, stay and enrolment of foreign students in higher education courses in Italy (available in English).
For further information on financial means, accomodation and insurance needed, check here: REQUIREMENTS TO RECEIVE A STUDY VISA.
ATTENTION: For admission to postgraduate technical specialization programs organized by higher technical institutes (ITS), applicants should apply directly to their chosen educational institution.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR APPLICATION for a student visa for University Enrolment, including art, music and dance PROFILE (AFAM) OR HIGHER SCHOOL INTERNATIONAL COMMUNICATION (SSML), and also for participation in the international exchange program “Marco Polo” and “Turandot”
(As not all the Institutes require the same documents for admission purposes, before applying, make sure that they are those requested by the University or AFAM to which you wish to enroll).
Please submit two equal and complete sets of the documents listed below. A consular fee of 50 euros.
To apply for all categories of visa «D» all documents must be translated into Italian. Translations must be done by the translators accredited by the Consulate General Of Italy in Moscow and legalized by the Consulate General itself, otherwise must be notarized and apostilled. The documents in English aren’t required to be translated.
2. Copy of the pre-enrollment application ‘validated’ by the university which can be downloaded from the UNIVERSITALY website, an AFAM or SSML institution, or an organization participating in the Marco Polo or Turandot international exchange program
3. Copy of the school diploma obtained after at least 12 years of school or, alternatively, a replacement certificate for all legal purposes (eg foundation course, academic certificate demonstrating the completion of the first year of university, etc.)
4. Certificate attesting to pass the test to access the University in Russia or in the country of origin (only if provided and requested by the University, AFAM institution, SSLM or a participant of the international exchange program “Marco Polo” or “Turandot”).
5. Declaration of Value of the qualification (original + 2 copies) (if requested by the University or AFAM institution, SSLM or a participant of the international exchange program “Marco Polo” or “Turandot”). If declaration of Value is requested, it MUST be provided while submitting documents for a visa. For details
6. Cover letter in free form in Italian
7. Financial guarantees or declaration of assignment of scholarship of equivalent value to the economic resources requested. For details
8. Proof of accommodation For details
9. Ticket or ticket reservation
10. Medical insurance
This must have the following requirements:
1) be valid in Italy and cover the risk of illness, accident, maternity;
2) be registered to the applicant;
3) cover at least the first 30 days in Italy and/or in any case the entire period between arrival in Italy and voluntary registration with the National Health Service or the activation of other complete insurance coverage valid for the entire period of stay in Italy and in the Schengen area.
11. Travel document valid for at least 3 months after the date of the visa expiry.
Photocopy of the passport itself and any previous passports (pages with personal data and all pages with stamps or visas). For details
12. National passport plus a copy of the main page and the one with the registration
13. Photo. For details
14. Consent to the processing of personal data For details
Please be advised that VMS service fee is required to be paid after submission of the documents this amount is not included in the visa fees it is an additional fee. For more information please click on the link.
The Consulate General of Italy reserves the right to demand any additional documents.